European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System
- foreign (Russian) language
- Philosophical problems of natural sciences
- IT in ecology and natural resources management
- mapping and GIS technologies
- fundamentals of ecological biotechnology
Variable part. Required courses
- modern problems of ecology
- sustainable development
- ecological psychology
- monitoring of environmental pollution
- modern technologies for nature protection
- investigation techniques of environmental pollution
- standards of environment quality management and occupational safety
- landscape planning
- management of ecological projects
- international cooperation in the field of nature protection
- methods and tools for forensic ecological examination
- computer methods of environment quality assurance
- ecological metrology
- biological methods of environmental control (biotesting, bioindication)
- wastes: landfills, processing and recycling
- industrial safety
Masters program "Applied ecology" prepares specialists of natural, man-made, environmental, ecological and economic, industrial, social, territorial and public systems and structures at the global, national, regional and local levels.
Masters may exercise state planning, control, monitoring, organize and examine the environmental components of all forms of economic activity, to develop and implement programs for sustainable development at all levels. In addition, they can work in the field of education, health saving and demographics.
Use of e-learning
The e-learning is widely used. The access to electronic textbooks and scientific literature is organized.
Use of distance learning technologies
Distant technologies are applied in independent work of students in the consideration of additional issues (in-depth study of course), in the framework of extracurricular activities.
Modular principle of certain disciplines learning
Amenities Campus of RUDN University - winner of the "most developed territory of the university." There are 13 hostels, sports complex, an international cultural center, "interclub", cafes with national cuisine, a modern office life.
To encourage the best students who are actively involved in research and public life there are grants: the Fund named after V.I. Vernadsky, Vladimir Potanin Foundation and others.
Gives an opportunity to carry out scientific research on the chosen subjects on planning, control, monitoring, examination of the environmental components of all forms of economic activities.
The opportunity to meet with students and teaching staff from all around the world to establish useful scientific contacts that may be useful in future practice of graduates.
Focusing on the labor market
The educational program is focused primarily on labor markets in the industrial sector, housing and communal services (the position of environmentalists, labor protection specialists, industrial and environmental safety), research, consulting, and project organizations, governing bodies. Activities in the field of ecology and nature management organizations are in great demand in all regions of every country, in all sectors of the economy.