About the profession
The tourism industry is considered one of the fastest growing and promising. A specialist in tourism deals with various issues related to the organization of travel. Tourism is a complex, multidimensional phenomenon in which intercultural communication is of particular importance. The organization of effective intercultural communication within the framework of tourism requires special knowledge and competencies.
The program is aimed at those who want to get deep practical professional knowledge about intercultural relations in tourism and development of tourist activity in the conditions of a multipolar multicultural globalizing world.
The program introduces undergraduates with various fields of knowledge related to tourism, including forecasting and strategic planning, tourism services design, management and cultural heritage in tourism. It is aimed at developing the skills of adequate and effective professional communication with representatives of various, including foreign-speaking, cultures.
The first year the training is held in the IGBT RUDN, the second year the undergraduates study in one of the partner universities, studying the specifics of tourism development in this or that country.
During the training, students study basic fundamental and applied professional disciplines, conduct research work within the framework of the chosen subject, pass practical training at the profile enterprises. As a result of the training, the undergraduates receive a diploma of two universities.
The implementation of the master's program is provided by highly qualified scientific and pedagogical staff, including leading specialists and practitioners.
- tourist companies (tour operators, travel agencies), excursion bureaus;
- government bodies associated with the organization of tourism,
- public and private companies engaged in tourism at the international, national, regional and local levels.
As a result of mastering the program, undergraduates acquire the skills to solve the following professional tasks:
- analysis, organization and management of tourism activities at different levels (federal, regional, municipal (local) levels);
- forecasting, designing and planning the provision of tourism services at the national, regional, local level and at the level of an individual enterprise.
At the end of the training, graduates can carry out professional activities in tourism companies, government bodies related to the organization of tourism, governmental and non-governmental organizations engaged in tourism at the international, national, regional and local levels.